Over on Pinterest, I have some of my styling inspiration for the “Evangeline” Midi-Dress. There are lots of ways to mix and match colors and prints. I love the idea of the top in one color and the skirt in another. Keeping it all in one color such as a black, navy, or olive keeps chic and very versatile. An all over print makes a bold statement or a bright color such as canary yellow or bright red makes it a marvelous spring garment.
Here are a few fabric choices that I could see making a cool “Evangeline”:
- Ponte Knit Floral Lace Print Black/Grey from Stylemaker Fabrics
- Ponte Knit Leopard Brown/Natural from Stylemaker Fabrics
- Jersey Knit Dot Black/White from Style Maker Fabrics
- Bamboo Knit in Plum from Michael Levine, Inc
- Black/Blue/White Plaid Light-Weight Ponte Knit Fabric from Mood Fabrics
- Abstract Black White Ponte from Jo-Ann
Of course, those are just a few fabrics that I am crushing on at the moment and there are so many more choices out there for making a truly wonderful “Evangeline”.