Today, I am sharing my recap for my goals from the past year. My birthday is next week and I don't foresee getting a huge chunk of these crossed off in the next week. Luckily, I feel pretty good about what I did get done this year. (Plus, I have already settled on my goals for next year which I will be sharing next week and I think they are going to be great for pushing me out of my comfort zone as well as making for an exciting year!)
My Goals for 30:
- Whole Foods- This one came and went in waves, overall, I could have done better and it is still going to be a priority, but not a goal for next year. The one thing that I did really increase was cooking and baking at home a lot more which was a huge plus!
- Move more- this is something I am constantly struggling with and again it tends to go in waves instead of a steady thing.
- Becoming a business owner- I am and it is proving to be rewarding, challenging, an adventure, and everything else in between. It's everything I could possibly want in a career. I have some big goals for my little shop in 2015.
- Make More- I would have to say, I really did this one well. I made lots of things with the kids, at home, the studio, and just being creative has been one of my favorite parts of the past year. It feels way more like me!
- Make new family traditions- This one has been awesome! It's probably my favorite goal from last year. The seasonal bucket list as really helped and we have been having great times as a family and I couldn't be happier with how this one worked out! Between swim days, road trips, corn mazes and family photos, it's been amazing!
- Live in the moments- I feel like I did better in this area than I was. I still need to work on it aka not playing games on the phone while listening to conversations, but actively being present in what ever situation I am in. This is going to be a huge priority for next year, just to focus on the task at hand and not trying to do 25 tasks at one time. It's going to be all about the follow through.
- Knit 1 pair of socks- ok, it didn't happen and I am ok with that. I did just sign up for a sock knitting class on Craftsy which will hopefully be the push I need to do this one day in the near future.
- Project Life- I couldn't be farther behind on this one if I tried. I really just need to spend a couple of hours getting photos edited/printed and then put the whole album together. I have an album full of sticky notes with what's going where in the album so that is a giant plus! I think January is when I am going to just spend an entire weekend dedicated to finishing it up!
- Make 2 mini quilts- I want to say this is halfway there since I did make a mini quilt/table runner thing. I just never remembered to knock this one out. It was pushed to the back burner and I am ok with that.
The goals I set last year seemed pretty doable, I think I just lost focus on some of them and I realize for the upcoming year maybe less is more. I a few big goals that I am going to break down into mini goals and just try and rock those. 30 was a great year for me, full of changes, lots of new adventures, and a feeling of being right where I am supposed to be. I couldn't be happier where I am at this point in my life and am looking forward to 31 and all it has to offer!