Playing with Paper Flowers

Paperflowerwreath1

The other night I took a break from my normal cross stitching and decided to make a new wreath for our living room. I decided to change it up by digging through my paper stash to make some paper flowers. Sometimes after sewing all day or looking at the computer working on my patterns it's nice to switch mediums to keep my creativity flowing and boredom at bay.

This actually turned out to be a fairly fast project and I love the pop of color it adds as soon as you walk in our home. It was great to break out the paper flower making, I haven't done it since I worked at a Paper Source many years ago. (They have some great paper flower kits, too.)

Paperflowerwreath2

The embroidery hoop was something I picked up at a thrift store for a quarter. (Yeah, I totally have a small stash of them and I already have plans for a cute 4th of July wreath). The crepe paper was in my scrap booking stash (The paper is Martha Stewart crepe paper 12 x 12 that I got at Michael's on clearance a long time ago.) For the templates, I used these from Martha Stewart, I chose the rose. The leaf, floral tape, and floral wire was from a Paper Source kit. Once the flowers were done I just used a little hot glue and arranged them on the wreath.lI am still thinking about adding a little banner or ribbon across the top, but for now this will work. I might have to make another one for fall!

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *